We currently have two opening at CBB. Please email Ron for more information:
Creator of First Impressions (Full-time):
Congregation B’nai B’rith, the reform synagogue in Santa Barbara, is looking for a front office Receptionist to help take our customer service and organization to new heights. This position is full-time with full benefits (Mon-Thurs: 8:30-5, Friday: 9:30-6) and starts at $15/hour with advancement opportunities.
Primary Job responsibilities will include:
- Answering incoming phone calls
- Sorting/distributing mail and packages
- Greeting members and other visitors and making them feel welcome
- Working on mailings
- Manage event attendance
- Tracking lost and found
- General staff support
- Monitoring the door and guest flow
- Representing our synagogue and the first point of contact for most of our guests
- Project execution and follow-through
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as typical office admin functions
- Strong organizational systems and organization
- I.T. background preferred
- Familiarity with databases a plus (we use Sales Force and Congregation Connect)
- A warm, friendly, outgoing personality
- Able to multitask and prioritize throughout the day
- Familiarity with the Jewish religion and customs a plus
- Ability to think outside of the box yet still take direction and guidance
- Professional dress and approach to your work
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or come apply in person.
Maintenance Staff Member : Janitorial Work at Congregation B’nai B’rith
Congregation B’nai B’rith in Santa Barbara is looking for part-time help for our janitorial staff. This job is for Friday nights, Saturday and Sunday days. Hours vary based on our seasonal needs. Must be able to clean, lift, and move quickly as the job is physical; moving tables and chairs, cleaning offices (trash/recycling, vacuuming, windows and dusting) and setting up and taking down food service. Must speak Spanish. Bi-lingual English and Spanish is a plus.
Email Ron@cbbsb.org to set-up an interview or come in person to learn more. More hours may be available depending our season and needs.