SB CARE is responding to the global refugee crisis through community education, and by fundraising for refugee family sponsorship and humanitarian aid.
How To Help
To make a difference through a donation, you may donate to one or both of our partners:
- Syrian Refugee Family Sponsorship Fund provides funds to support “our” Christian Armenian family who recently arrived in Toronto, Canada. In partnership with Temple Emanu El of Toronto, our funds allow this family to begin the process of rebuilding their lives and provide a safe place for their children to grow.
- Matthew Abrams Memorial Fund for IsraAid provides earmarked funding to IsraAid‘s humanitarian refugee-support programs. This interfaith Israeli group provides vital front-line medical support to refugees; along with vital supplies, medical, psycho-social, and cultural/educational support for people living in European refugee camps.
- Another way to support IsraAid! Buy The Refugee Crisis: Through the Eyes of the Children by Robin and Robert Jones. All proceeds donated to IsraAid when you purchase this beautiful, newly-released book by CBB community members who volunteered with refugees in Greece.
Join Our Group
To join the effort or to learn more about this group, please contact Monica Steiner at email@example.com
Our leadership includes: Aaron & Valerie Edelheit, Karen Schloss-Heimberg, Debbie Katzburg, Josie Martin, Evely Laser Shlensky, and Monica Steiner. Some of our other members include: Marian Cohen, Franny Taran Freund, Cyndi Silverman, Mariela Socolovsky, and Kathy Rayburn.
Refugee Aid … In Our Own Words
- Why I Help Syrian Refugees by Monica Steiner Click To Read
- A Story of Freedom by Josie Levy Martin Click To Read
- At Home in Vienna by Professor Alison Brysk Click To Read
- November 20th, 2016: Sunday Morning Live at CBB: “The Global Refugee Crisis: Up Close”– Panel Discussion with Alison Brysk (UCSB), Robbie Schaefer (OneVoice Founder), and Sarina Wasswerman (Local teen volunteer/activist) AND Holiday Boutique and Art Sale benefitting Refugee Aid
- October 3- 12th, 2016: “The Refugees in Our Lobby” — High Holy Day Winter Items Fundraiser (in Partnership with IsraAid)
- May 1, 2016 (11am-4pm): Jewish Festival booth
- April 5, 2016: Women’s Seder with Robin Jones
- March 31, 2016: Why are Israelis Helping Syrians? A Personal View Into the Syrian Refugee Crisis With IsraAid and Robin & Robert Jones
In the News
- The Santa Barbara Independent covers CBB community members Robin and Robert Jones on their volunteer work in Greece. Click here to read.