Welcome to Jewish Learning Programs at CBB
Gam Zeh Torah (This, too, is Torah) 2020-2021
We are so glad you’re here!
Regular Monthly Programming (required for B’mitzvah track students): $ 1,750
- Monthly in-person (when safe), small group, outdoor session (holiday learning rotations, scavenger hunt, etc.) 2 hours
- Weekly Hebrew lessons via Zoom: Private/Semi Private 30 minutes (mandatory for B’mitzvah students) (Hebrew lessons OPTIONAL for 3rd grade students)
- Monthly Shabbat Learning Service (Saturday morning 9:30-10:15 monthly)
- January 4th- 8th grades Camp Ramah Retreat (if possible)
Additional Options and offerings included (may vary):
- Monthly hike and/or virtual elective choice day
- Weekly Olam HaTorah – (Virtual Minecraft Building Class)
- Monthly Arts lesson with Laurie or other specialist via Zoom
- Monthly Video Project, Contest & Assembly – whole school Zoom
- Parent Workshop with Rabbi Steve (& specialists) 3x per year (Zoom or in-person)
*A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT 3rd GRADE: 3rd grade is a unique grade, floating between “Upper Elementary” and “Lower Elementary” learning. The 8-9 year old child is still a young child, but also ready for greater challenge and exploration of more interests, independence and individuality.
Each 3rd grader, develops , (as all children do), at their own pace. If YOUR 3rd grader is ready for greater challenge, you have the OPTION to join the Hebrew Learning that we offer mid-week for 4th-6th grade students. This program is more rigorous and focused than our usual introductory Jewish Learning Programs and activities. If this does not appeal to you, that’s fine. Your 3rd grader is welcome to stay connected to the K-3 cohort, attending Sunday programming only and occasional special offerings throughout the year.
Participation in the Hebrew program requires a mid-week commitment every week and an increased tuition. Mid-week Hebrew becomes a requirement of the program in 4th grade, for all students who are beginning preparation for B’mitzvah during their 7th grade year.