Sunday, November 24, 2019
Get ready for Mitzvah Day 2019
Registration for Projects is Coming Up Soon!
Projects for Every Age & Interest!
Join us from 8:30am – 1:30pm.
Project List will be posted very soon.
Mitzvah Day Committee Chairs: Franny Tara-Freund, Debbi Spungen, Ashley Goldstein & Annie Kempe
The 2018 projects at CBB included:
- Animal Mitzvah! – Bake treats to ensure our local shelter dogs are “well-treated”
- A Cape for a Hero – Sewing superhero capes for children fighting cancer
- BHY Preschool Gardening & Building Projects – Build picnic benches, reinforce our hillside, & plant herbs and flowers
- Ozrim Team – On site mitzvah day greeters & helpers
- Caring Community – Assemble care bags for home bound seniors, and congregants recovering from surgery & facing loss
- Gaga Pit Painting – Help us paint and beautify our gaga pit!
- Home Improvement – Building and beautification projects for our CBB campus “home”
- Knotting with Love – Make flannel blankets for kids living at Transition House
- Laundry Love – Pack and/or deliver snacks and laundry supplies for the homeless and those who need access to laundry facilities
- Lunch for the Hungry– Assemble lunch bags to deliver to our homeless neighbors
- Painting in the Garden – Paint a mural for our new outdoor prayer space
- Saving Lives – Donate blood in the Bloodmobile and/or learn about the bone marrow registry though Be the Match
- Teddy Bear Cancer Foundation – Assemble Thanksgiving dinner and gift bags for families with children fighting cancer
- Together We Rise – Build skateboards for kids in foster care
- Transition House – Assemble bags to bring a smile and help babies, kids, and teens feel at home as they settle in at Transition House
- SB Cares – Write letters and make drawings for refugees living in the Lesbos Camp and the Adelanto Detention Center
- Support & Buy in advance! – Purchase items (through the RSVP link) to support Ubumwe Preschool and SB Food Bank
Last Year’s Off Site Projects Included:
- Casa Serena – Clean and organize a house at this rehabilitation facility for low income women and their kids
- Eco-Project – Remove invasive plants from the Carpinteria salt marsh
- Games & Gab with Seniors – Join the Center for Successful Aging at Friendship Manor Retirement Home. Bring board games or fun activities for seniors. Feel like chatting instead of playing, our seniors love that! Goodies and drinks will be provided.
- Isla Vista Youth Projects – Hands-on project to help beautify and paint the facility, and spruce up the yard
- PATH – Prepare, cook, and serve food to homeless people living at PATH
- Sarah House – Help prepare dinner for residents (Sarah House)
- Joy Thru Song! – Practice at CBB with Cantor Mark, then spread the joy by singing for residents at Hillside House
- Transition House – repairs, painting, and beautification (Transition House)
- Be The Match – Save lives! Register for America’s bone marrow, organ, cornea, and tissue donor list
- Bloodline – donate blood to help save lives
- Santa Barbara Hillel – create “care kits” for Doctors Without Walls, a community organization working with local homeless
- Santa Barbara Food Bank – Help support food security for all in SB!
- Ubumwe Center and Preschool in Rwanda – Come paint English letters to send to our friends in Rwanda to help decorate the classrooms of our sister preschool