Project Sign-Ups: Click Here to Sign Up!
Thank you for signing up for a Project you’d like to participate in on Mitzvah Day. Your response helps us ensure we have enough space for all, though it is not necessary that you sign up in order to attend Mitzvah Day.
We look forward to Getting Our Mitzvah On! with you on October 22nd!
Your 2017 Mitzvah Day Co-Chairs,
Franny Taran Freund, Monica Steiner, and Kimi Cohn
Mitzvah Day Checklist (What to Bring):
- Empty your change containers! — donation to our Penny Drive
- ..and a check! –donations to our Penny Drive and via checks will support our CBB teens’ Hurricane relief efforts
- Books! — for the Hadassah Planned Parenthood Book drive
Mitzvah Projects (10 AM to 1 PM)
- Adventures in Caring training
- Animal Mitzvah! – bake treats for shelter dogs
- BHY Preschool Gardening Project
- Boomers of B’nai B’rith “Ozrim Team” — On Site Logistics (greeters, helpers, food prep/set-up/service)
- Caring Community – assemble Care baskets
- Gardening Project
- Habitat for Humanity — play structure building
- L’Chaim by Women of B’nai B’rith (Blood Mobile & Donate Life)
- Lunch for the Homeless – assemble lunch bags to deliver to our homeless neighbors
- Men of B’nai B’rith outdoor parking light installation
- Mural Painting – side of storage container near BHY
- Peace Crane Project – SB CAREs & Ubumwe groups lead this project (open to all) to create and send origami cranes to children around the world
- NEW! Art/Clothing/Baking Projects at the Mental Wellness Center– create Thanksgiving art for the Mental Wellness Center’s community celebration, sort clothing to be given to those in need, and bake treats for residents and staff! (Mental Wellness Center)
- Hadassah Planned Parenthood Book drive and organizing (PP warehouse)
- Habitat Restoration (Elings Park)
- Transition House – repairs and beautification (Transition House)
- Donate Life – Save lives! Register for America’s organ, cornea, and tissue donor list
- Mental Wellness Center — Learn about & support mental wellness
- SB CAREs – Directly help refugee families! Learn about refugees and Sign up to buy Safe Passage Bags
- Ubumwe Center and Preschool in Rwanda – learn about our Sister center and preschool and donate!
Please contact Community Engagement Coordinator Mariela Socolovsky with questions at (805)964-7869 ext 104/ firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re in the Santa Barbara Noozhawk — Click here to read!
Also, click on the Facebook link here to see our Mitzvah Day updates!